Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Nerds of the NECX


The Nerd biker (cyclist) connection can not be denied. So many of us were nerds in high school. I can't even count the amount of times I have had conversations both in person or on the twittersphere about starting an #NECX D&D campaign. The possibilities are endless. I mean let's face it Cross is basically LARPing. Why not just take it to the next level?

Here is my proposal. This year at the Ronde we do a #NECX D&D "Poker ride" My good friend and DM extraordinaire has lots of great ideas to make this work. Basically the way it will work is any teams wanting to participate will need to sign on to the campaign. Each participating team will get a ziplock baggy containing: Character sheets printed on cards, a list of spells, a specific task and a simplified rules set. In Jed's words a Cannonball Run sort of campaign. 

"The party of rogues came upon a dank tunnel in the moors of Satan's Kingdom. They heard a low moaning as they approached the tunnel. Small lawn gnomes and tiny plastic miniatures dotted the landscape. A scale model train set wrapped around the rocks. A half-goat, half-demon anthropomorphic figure emerged from the darkness. 'My children have you misbehaved?" growled the creature."

If this sounds like something you want to be a part of send me an email at velocb@mac.com Jed and I will make the magic happen as they say. And may the odds ever be in your favor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment