Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Some Pig Redux


Ok what is with this photo of a Rainbow Pig with my name on its butt? Funny story that. Waaaay back in the early days of the NECX Coach Al was my first coach. He really was one of the first people to help me get better at CX. He has helped tons of people. Anyone who knows him knows how much he has done for cyclocross. Al and a crew went down to NJ for this crazy race called SpectaCross at the NJ State Fair. Somehow the promoter got in touch with me about doing a race prime. I was totally into it but really had no idea what it would be. I wrote a post about it here. We were all just so jazzed on CX that any promoter who was doing something "fun" got us all kinds of excited. I honestly don't even remember how much I sent the guy. But Al won it. And it was hilarious! The photo above is of him winning it and the photo below is of him showing it off to me at the first JAM Fundo.


I have known Coach Al for 11 years. The JAM Fundo was one of the first true "gravel" rides that I did. It still is hands down one of the coolest events I have ever done. Al had a stroke recently. He is home recovering but needs support. a GoFundme has been set up in his name. Please help support one of the nicest people in cycling. Everyone on some level has him to thank for where cyclocross is now. If you have raced CX in New England or cheered for New England's own racers at Nationals or in Europe this man had a hand in their development. Please help him out with what ever you can. This community was built upon us all having each others back. Let's show Al the love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment