Monday, April 12, 2010

Edward Abbey got it...

Long before any of us had a clue...Saw this posted up on a new fan of the Hup United FB page and it jogged my memory about just how much Edward Abbey framed up who I am through his writing. We should be living his ideals every day as cyclists...


Do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am, a reluctant enthusiast, a part time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it is still there. So go out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, encounter the grizz, climb the mountains, and bag the peaks.... and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over your enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box... I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards. -Edward Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment